LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
LEARN : HOW TO MANAGE ANYONE IN 1 MINUTE
A smart Young Man Has Decided That he will Become A good manager, No matter what happens Because he had understood, in order to live happily and to move ahead in life there is a need of leadership and management skills.
Because if we want to achieve anything big, or want to do something big in our life, than we will need a help of others at some point of time, and we have to deal with others. And if we stay behind in this skill, than there will be less chances of becoming big or achieving something huge in life.
Now because of all these Reasons and many more such important reasons, He starts Searching a Perfect Manager, Who can help him to understand and learn these Crucial Skills and also can work for such great manager and later one day can become like him.
So for this, he started going from one Company to another, He literally went from big to almost every small companies and me almost every managers, and started interviewing them. He went to different Cities and also went to different Countries, in search of managers,But unfortunately he couldn’t find any manager. Who is Effective and perfect As per him, Almost Every Manager That young Man met and took interview, was of two types, Either they were Autocratic Manager , Meaning Manager whose Ultimate aim was to Generate Profit for the Company, I this thing they were great and an expert, but Employees Didn’t like this Kind of Managers. Or the Remaining Managers were like Democratic Manager, Meaning Managers who gives First Priority to the Employees, and later think about the company.These kinds of managers are supportive and very much Liked by the employees.
Now Both Kinds of Manager are OKAY , But there are huge Problems In them.
For Example: Autocratic Managers Always Think about Company’s profit, Because of this aim, they never think about the company employees and never make their team members company’s employee Happy. Whereas on the Other side, Democratic Manager always give First Priority to Company employees and to their team Members, because of which they fail to achieve the desire result and profit for the company And these both were the major issues, which was bothering that young man, He wasn’t getting any Effective manager, who was perfect in Both the aspects. And few Manager which he found was better than the others, was not ready to give interview.
So finally after so much of disappointment he returns to his home.
After Returning Home, He started Thinking maybe he will not be able to find any effective manager who can help him to learn such important skills, But Fortunately or Ironically, He came to know about a manager near his home town, Who was appreciated and like by many, almost every person wants to work with that manager. Not only this,but he was a manager who was generating profit for his Company as well. At first when this man heard all these things about that manager, he thought it was all lie, but still he decided to meet him, and when he called that manger to take his appointment, he easily got it, Then again that young man started thinking, if he would be so perfect than he wouldn’t have time to meet me, But since he was nearby. He went to meet him. Now when that Young man met that manager, he asked his first question,which he asked almost every manager.
And the question was – What do you think what kind of manager You are ? How will you Describe yourself ?
For this Question That Manager Replied : I’m a One Minute Manager, Listening to this That young man got surprised. Because earlier every manager has given him the answer which was somewhat related to both the aspect either Atocratic or Democratic. But this manager was quite Different So with Surprised Expression, He asked that Manager; Sorry I didn’t get you, what do you means by One Minute Manager. While manager laughing Replied, I say This To Myself, Because I take very less time to get the more Result from Others, LISTENING to him, That Young Man Couldn’t believe, By his Expression Even manager understood that he is not believing his ears. So manager asked that young man, if he wants to know more about him and how good manager he is, can talk to his team members, And that manager hand over the list to that man, and says in this list there are few names, to whom you can talk, That man take the list under which 6 names were written, so that young man decides that he will talk to at least 3 people, after deciding he goes from there. And First He go and Meet Mr Trenell, After talking to him, he Realises that yes One Minute Manager Concept actually exist. And even he has to follow that 3 (one minute Secrets) if he wants to become an Effective manager, So Mr Trenell Explains him about the First one Minute secret amongst the three, This is Known as One Minute Goal setting, and to apply this secret he has to do some following things, At First He has to have Clear Understanding Of ever Goal of a company and of Employees.
Because most of the time what happens is, Company goals differ from Employees Goal and because of which nothing happens Properly. Hence,
- Everyone should Agree at one common goal.
- Everyone should know How they should work, How they should behave and how their work should be.
- Everyone Should write down their Goals on one page But Under 250 words.
- Always Read this Goal which will not take more than A MINUTE.
- After Removing A minute From work, Need to see Whether we are working on our goals properly or not, And whether Our Behaviour is Ideal or not.
These are the one minute goal setting point which you need to follow That young man Finds these things very simple and Effective, so with excitement he asked Trenell, This was the first secret what about the other two? So Trenell With a Smile look at his Watch and ask him to meet Levy, in order to learn about the Other secret. And however You wanted to meet 3 people Right, so why don’t you meet him and ask him about it, Listening to this, that young man smiles and with all Excitement and energy goes to Levy’s Office to meet him. After Meeting Levy That Young man understands that yes actually One Minute concept is there, And even Levy very happily follows it.
He told Levy that he is aware about One minute Goal setting, but doesn’t know the second secret, so levy Starts Explaining him, The second Secret is ONE MINUTE PRAISING, And in order to apply it levy ask young man to do following things :
- Tell your Team Members that you will them A Genuine Feedback for their work.
- Immediately Praise someone For his Good work,Because the problem is, People Easily Criticise for someone’s wrong work, But do not praise Immediately for good thing, By which people don’t work nicely and they don’t feel like working as well, so always praise immediately.
- Be specific, and tell them what work they had done nicely.
- Tell them how good you felt, seeing them work so nicely and properly and how important that thing was.
- Be silent for sometime so that even they can feel your feelings.
- Encourage Them to do that work more, After Explaining all this, Levy say this was the second Effective secret to become a good effective manager.
After listening to all this young man asked Levy about the third one with full Excitement At that Time Levy Smiled and said third secret will be Explained to you by Miss Brown, And I know You haven’t met her yet. And i know you haven’t met her yet, Again young man smiles and say thank you to levy and goes to MISS BROWN OFFICE TO MEET HER.
Miss Brown Was 50 year old well- dressed woman, who them starts Explaining the 3rd Secret points, to that Young man; Third Secret was known as One Minute Reprimands, Reprimand is known as to make some one realise their mistake, to get angry or to disapprove something. And this LAST Secret has to be followed in two parts :
First Part :
- Immediately reprimand someone for their mistake, Don’t Ignore someone’s mistake from starting and remove all anger together one day.
- Let them know what mistakes they have done.
- Make them understand how you felt because of their mistake.
- To be silent for sometime, so that they can understand your feelings that how you felt, so that they can realise.
Second Part :
- Shake hand , or with any gesture show them that yes you are in their side.
- Make them understand that how much valuable they are to you and how much you value them.
- Reaffirm them that you think good and best about them and the only thing you didn’t like was their particular performance.
- Reprimand Gets over, understand that yes it is over do not bring that same topic again After Explaining all this Miss Brown says to Young man that these were the Things which are needed and you must follow to become an Effective manager.
After Learning all these important useful things, that young man felt very good happy and amazing, he found all these things very simple and effective, so he wrote everything in his book and started following it and finally after few years even he became a very effective manager by follow these principles, A manager who by taking less time bring huge or more results.and which was liked and appreciated by many.
Similarly even if you want to become an Effective leader or a manager then do use and follow these Principles.
Love You Readers.